Get Ready To Play

Six New Lighted Pickleball Courts Open At Patch Reef Park

The Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District’s latest project — six new pickleball courts at the Patch Reef Park Tennis Center — is now open. 

“It’s great to see folks out here first thing in the morning breaking the courts in,” Commissioner Bob Rollins said. “I’m sure it’s just going to get bigger and bigger.”

Carl Foster, host of Fox Sports Florida’s “Inside World Pickleball” adds, “I think it’s great for Boca. The courts are beautifully set up. They did a good job with the court surfaces. They play well. I like the fencing. I like the high backdrops, the wind screens. It’s everything a pickleball player can enjoy.”

District commissioners began converting two Patch Reef Park Tennis Center courts into six pickleball courts in late 2020.

The pickleball courts follow the same hours of operation as the tennis courts, opening at 7:30 a.m. every day of the week. They remain open until 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 p.m. on Friday, 6 p.m. on Saturday and 5 p.m. on Sunday.

The new courts are Boca Raton’s first public lighted pickleball courts.

“The beauty of the Patch Reef Tennis Center’s pickleball courts is that they’re lighted, so at night students can play, the working man and woman can come out and play at night,” USA Pickleball Association Ambassador Raul Travieso said. 

The tennis center has certified pickleball instructors who can provide lessons, and the pro shop carries pickleball equipment. 

For more information, visit mybocapatchreeftennis.com.

Back to topbutton