Taking Steps Forward

JAFCO’s In My Shoes Virtual Luncheon To Benefit Children With Disabilities

On Oct. 15, JAFCO will be virtually celebrating its 10th Annual In My Shoes Luncheon to help the devoted families in the community who are raising children with developmental disabilities.

Chaired by Kim Fetterman and Lori Solodkin, this 10th anniversary celebration will feature an inspiring virtual program. Celebrity guest speaker Nicole Lopez-Alvar, as seen on ABC’s “The Bachelor” and “Bachelor in Paradise,” will share her experience growing up with a brother with special needs. The program will include an online boutique, a silent auction, raffles and more.

One of the highlights of the event is the Ribbon of Hope Ceremony. Attendees emotionally unite to support parents raising children with developmental disabilities.  

Funds raised at the In My Shoes Luncheon will directly benefit the JAFCO Children’s Ability Center, which is currently serving more than 2,000 families raising children with developmental disabilities.

This 43,000-square-foot campus provides children and their families with therapy, socialization, life skills classes, after-school and weekend enrichment activities, referrals and support groups. In addition, the center offers a respite program where children can spend a day, a weekend or up to two full weeks while their parents take a short break, sometimes for the first time since their child was diagnosed. 

“It is an absolute honor to be the board chair of the Children’s Ability Center,” says Lori Konsker, according to a press release. “JAFCO provides extraordinary care 24/7 and always with the highest integrity. It is our privilege to give constant love and support to the precious families we serve at the Ability Center.” 

The Boca Raton Observer is the event’s exclusive magazine sponsor. O

For more information, call 954-368-1879 or email ariel@jafco.org.

Back to topbutton