Pre-Approved For Success

Maya Vander Sells Homes With A Side Of Entertainment

by

The first time we met real estate agent Maya Vander on-screen, she was politely, but firmly, admonishing a prospective client for flirting with her rather than talking business.

Since then, the 38-year-old “Selling Sunset” star has become a fan favorite for her funny but assertive persona. Given her busy, bi-coastal career and a family that includes two toddlers, she does not have the time, nor interest, for nonsense — and we love her for that. 

As fans of the Netflix show know, she works for Jason Oppenheim’s firm, the Oppenheim Group, when in Los Angeles. Here in South Florida, she’s currently with Keller Williams, specializing in condo and single-family home sales. “For years I’ve been back and forth between L.A. and Miami because of the show,” she explains. “I’m in Miami until we film again, so I’m pretty much full-time here right now.”

Spending so much time in the Magic City has only been a good thing. Business is booming. “The market’s been insane,” she notes. “A lot of people from the Northeast are moving down but we’re also seeing a lot of movement from California too because of taxes and other conditions the state is in.” 

Vander gets the Sunshine State appeal. “First of all, traffic. I know a lot of people complain about Florida traffic, but let me tell you, I spend way less time in my car in Miami,” she says, referring to Los Angeles’ notorious gridlocks. “I love the lifestyle, the ocean is beautiful, short sleeves. I hate the cold. In L.A., as much as you have stable weather, at night it drops. I love the climate here and I think it’s just easier. It always feels like you’re on vacation. I love that.”

Going back and forth betweens coasts for three seasons wasn’t easy. “It was challenging,” she admits. “Especially when I had a newborn and was pregnant, so, I had to stay there. My husband was flying in every week, but we made it work. We have a great relationship. We have communication and we support each other. I think that’s important.” 

While Vander will go back to commuting once filming starts for the upcoming season, there’s always the possibility of a South Florida-based spinoff. “If they decide to do it, it will take time, but I think it would be cool because there’s so much great real estate here that would be perfect for a show.”

Back to topbutton