Where The Heart Is

Boca Raton’s Carole Siemens Lives In The House Her Husband Built – Literally

by

Like the prized Akoya pearl nestled inside its oyster, Carole Siemens, wife of the late developer and philanthropist Richard Siemens, has happily nestled into her luxury condominium in Akoya Boca West, which her husband and his Siemens Group built at Boca West Country Club in Boca Raton.

It’s unusual for a Siemens family member to occupy one of their projects, but Carole, 85, has her reasons.

“Living there makes me feel close to Richard. He is always in my mind. It makes us feel as close as we can be.”

The two were married for nearly 60 years – more than 40 of them in Boca Raton – and had four children: Alan Siemens, 66; Scott Siemens, 61; and twins Rob Siemens and Rebecca Siemens Spooner, 59. They all work at Siemens Group, the development company founded more than 40 years ago by Richard, who passed away in 2017. 

Carole raised their brood while Richard made his mark on Palm Beach County, developing The Polo Club of Boca Raton, Gleneagles Country Club in Delray Beach and Harbour’s Edge in Delray Beach – all told, more than 15,000 residences in 20 communities.

Philanthropy was also close to Richard’s heart. He donated land for the Richard & Carole Siemens Jewish Campus, where the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County is located; developed the Siemens-Evert Comprehensive Service Campus in Delray Beach; and worked with the Drug Abuse Foundation as a life director.

But Richard’s crowning achievement is the stunning 10-story Akoya, comprising 113 posh condos, a resort-style swimming pool, valet service, a fitness center and access to the four Boca West golf courses. The building was 65 percent sold out as of press time.

“I love it,” Carole says. “When you open those doors and you walk in, it’s like walking into heaven.”

Rob adds: “Moving her here brings her closer to us and to my dad, because this is his work. It’s a new start for her.” O

Photo by Carlos Aristizabal

Back to topbutton