Furthering Higher Education

Thirty-Two Seniors Receive Viner Scholarships

At their 8th Annual Award Ceremony, Eda & Cliff Viner Community Scholars Foundation awarded four-year scholarships to academically deserving graduating seniors who have financial needs, bridging the gap between the cost of higher education and opportunity.

“It feels like a huge accomplishment that we are having our 8th class inducted. Each year we have gained more support from the community which has allowed us to help more students, strengthen our mentor program, and improve our social services,” says Executive Director Niki Knopf.

Each student was presented with a scholarship averaging $28,000 over four years to cover tuition, room and board and other expenses.

For Boca Raton High School senior Daylerh Campos Colmenares the Viner Scholarship means the world to him. He plans to double major in Finance and Economics at the University of Florida and will be the first person in his family to receive a college degree.

“It is an honor to call myself a Viner Scholar and to know that all of us are going to be the future of the community. I’m also very grateful that I’m able to afford going to the best university and my parents are not having to worry about the financial aspect. It is a great deal for me to have the support of the Viners and to always know that they are right by my side in my studies. I can’t express with words how much gratitude I have towards them,” Colmenares says.

During the ceremony, each Viner Scholar was introduced to their mentor who will guide them throughout their college career. Founders Eda and Cliff Viner believe mentoring to be an integral part to a successful scholarship program and found it results in high academic performance and retention rates. Since the foundation’s inception in 2015, 100 Viner Scholars graduated college and 125 will be attending this coming fall.

Back to topbutton