Golf Tournament A Success

Event Raises $500,000 For The Cause

The Morgan Pressel Foundation’s 15th Annual Morgan & Friends Fight Cancer Golf Tournament to fight breast cancer raised $500,000, increasing the tournament’s 15-year total to $10 million. 

Pressel’s fellow members at St. Andrews Country Club generously contribute funds through sponsorships, tournament play and a virtual auction.  LPGA Tour stars were the highlight of the one-day event; they included Azahara Muñoz, Juli Inkster, Lexi Thompson, Brittany Lincicome, Gerina Piller, Brooke Henderson and Patty Tavatanakit. 

The annual tournament is a tribute to Pressel’s mother, the late Kathryn Krickstein Pressel, who lost her battle to breast cancer when Pressel was only 15. The Morgan Pressel Foundation supports the Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MammoVan, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Morgan Pressel Center for Cancer Genetics facility at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.  

The Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MammoVan makes mammogram screening more accessible by bringing breast cancer screening to areas throughout Palm Beach County.

“The success of this event is credited largely to the community of St. Andrews, the professional golfers who donate their time, and our sponsors – all of who believe in our efforts to eradicate breast cancer. The money we raise each year supports patient care and research,” says Pressel. “Over the past 15 years we have accomplished so much to help in the cause to end breast cancer.  Without the substantial support of everyone involved this would not be possible, and I am forever thankful for the support of my fellow members, my LPGA friends, and the dedicated sponsors that participate year after year.”

St. Andrews Country Club Board of Governors President Artie Grossbard added, “For the past 15 years the membership of St. Andrews has been honored to support this annual event, each year rallying together to raise a substantial amount of funds during this tournament.  Morgan, the Morgan Pressel Foundation Committee and our St. Andrews staff once again delivered an outstanding event with meaningful outcome.”

For more information, visit morganpresselfoundation.com.

Back to topbutton