Honoring Families

In My Shoes Luncheon Set For Oct. 14

JAFCO will host its annual In My Shoes Luncheon Oct. 14 at Boca West Country Club. Presented by Joan and Leslie Berman, this year’s event is in honor of the In My Shoes Committee and their work and dedication supporting children and families in our community. 

In My Shoes honors families who are raising children with developmental disabilities and will help attendees understand what it’s like to be “in their shoes.” The event will feature a boutique beginning at 10:30 a.m., followed by the luncheon and program at 11:30 a.m.  The keynote speaker is Vickie Rubin, author of “Raising Jess: A Story of Hope.” Through her blog and memoir, Rubin courageously documents her life in raising a child with a disability. 

The evening will be highlighted by the presentation of the Welcome to Holland Award. The honoree is Dr. Lisa J. Sirota, who has provided pro bono medical care for the children of JAFCO since it was founded in 1992.  

All of the evening’s proceeds will directly touch the lives of the children it serves. 

The JAFCO Children’s Ability Center opened its doors in 2014. It services hundreds of children and families each month, offering them a beautiful, clean and fun place where children can be safe and feel like they belong. Services include assessment, enhanced case management and referral, social skills and life skills training, after school enrichment programming, support groups for parents, siblings and grandparents, a summer camp and family fun days. 

The Boca Raton Observer is the event’s media sponsor.

For more information, call 954-315-7036 or email jensen@jafco.org.

Back to topbutton