In The Spotlight

Marilynn Wick Inspires Emerging Artists At NSAL Star Maker Awards

The National Society of Arts & Letters (NSAL), Florida East Coast Chapter, recently held its Star Maker Awards at Boca West Country Club in Boca Raton.

Local NSAL scholarship recipients performed, and Marilynn Wick received the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.

“Marilynn Wick’s contribution to the theatrical community is unprecedented,” says Kim Champion, event co-chair. “Her preservation of Broadway’s history through her world-renowned costume collection and her magnificent productions at The Wick Theatre have made her an industry treasure.”

Upon receiving the award from NSAL President Judi Asselta, Wick shared anecdotes about her rise in the costume and theater industries.

“I was honored and thrilled to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Society of Arts and Letters for my contribution to the arts,” Wick says. “I have had the pleasure of collaborating with so many artists in my journey – including my daughters Kelly Wick Kigar and Kimberly Wick – and I share this honor with all of them. Creating theater and preserving treasured costumes has been an undertaking that I am so proud of.”

NSAL also recognized Donald Mandich with the Member Emeritus Award and honored Christopher Wittig for service. Renowned visual artist Duaiv served as honorary chair of the event and donated two paintings for the silent auction. The evening was punctuated with dazzling performances from NSAL scholarship recipients and competition winners. 

NSAL aims to discover talented young people at the beginning of their careers; provides scholarships and competitions in art, dance, drama, literature, music and musical theater; and works to advance artists’ careers and creative opportunities. O

For more information, visit nsalfloridaeast.org.

Back to topbutton