Working As One

Habitat For Humanity Of South Palm Beach County Kicks Off 2019 Women Build

A reception at Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club in Boca Raton kicked off Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County’s (HFHSPBC) 2019 Women Build event.

Returning and new “Sisters of the Pink Hard Hats” united for the women’s fundraiser to create “The 2019 House That Women Built.” Scheduled for the days leading up to Mother’s Day – May 9-11 – the event combines fundraising and camaraderie, bringing together mission-driven women to help transform their community.

Following a welcome and call to action from Kari Oeltjen, HFHSPBC vice president and chief development officer, and remarks from Randy Nobles, the nonprofit’s CEO and president, event co-chairs Beverly Raphael Altman and Robyn Raphael-Dynan of RCC Associates discussed their commitment.

During the reception, underwritten by Cheney Brothers and Republic National Distributing Company, guests had the chance to meet and hear from the future homeowners: Ilomine, a housekeeper at Abbey Delray South senior living community, and her daughter Jessie, an oncology nurse at Delray Medical Center. Through a “hand up, not hand out,” the duo has qualified for a zero-interest mortgage through the HFHSPBC Partner Family program.

“As a mom myself who continues to be inspired by own mom, I realize how important and game-changing it is to help another mother and daughter achieve the American Dream of homeownership,” says Raphael-Dynan, a HFHSPBC board member.

Adds Altman: “I can’t think of a more meaningful way to spend Mother’s Day week, donning pink hard hats with my daughter Robyn to raise funds and participate with colleagues and longtime and new friends in the construction of a new home for another mother and daughter.” O

For more information, call 561-819-6070 or visit habitatsouthpalmbeach.org.

Back to topbutton