An Advocate For Good

Helping Others In South Florida Is What Makes Robin Miller Happy

by

Alison Frank Photography

There is one part of childhood Robin Miller was reluctant to let go of — summer camp. Each year, she looked forward to her local YMCA’s camp in N.J. While working there after college in the mid-80s, Miller met the CEO of the YMCA of South Florida, who was on vacation.

A few weeks later, she serendipitously got a call about a job opening to run the organization’s summer camps in Broward County and has remained in the area ever since, now calling Boynton Beach home.

This commitment to community service isn’t new. Her career has consistently reflected a passion for making a difference, whether through summer camps or working at the Parkinson’s Foundation South Palm Beach County Chapter, Soref JCC in Plantation, YMCA of the Palm Beaches and Ann Storck Center.

Miller, 61, raised her own son, now 26, at the JCC and YMCA since birth. “I delivered him the first day of summer camp and he was back in my office in his crib at two weeks old,” the devoted working mom says. “There was no way I was going to miss summer camp!”

Keeping the family unit together has always been important to her. One of her career highlights was setting up portable childcare centers for Miami Dolphins and Florida Marlins players’ kids at what was then called Joe Robbie Stadium (now Hard Rock Stadium) in the ‘90s.

Today, as chief operating officer of Jewish Family Home Care, a nonprofit that works in collaboration with Goodman Jewish Family Services, she provides home health aides and certified nursing assistants to Broward County seniors, including more than 280 Holocaust survivors.

“I enjoy working with all the age groups and making a difference in people’s lives. At the end of the day, I like to know I’ve made a difference,” she says. “I wake up with a smile every day. I’ve always been in a career where I enjoy going to work every day and when the end of the day comes, I’m [not] dying to get out the door.”

In her spare time, Miller is involved with Impact 100 Palm Beach County and Tri-County Animal Rescue.

Back to topbutton