Construction Zone

Peruvian Maurizio Pejoves Builds The American Dream In Florida

by

Since moving to the United States from Peru in 2004, real estate developer Maurizio Pejoves has been building the American dream for himself. Before settling in the Miami area in 2009, the

45-year-old lived in Texas and California.

“I was looking for adventure and looking for new horizons,” the Hollywood resident says of his decision to immigrate to the U.S. “If I focus on something, I use all my power to finish it. [I have] persistence and passion.”

Pejoves is one of two U.S. directors at Pacific and Orient Properties, LLC, the developer behind an upcoming 54-unit luxury waterfront condominium being constructed in Miami’s North Bay Village at 7918 West Drive with an anticipated completion date of summer 2025.

“The No. 1 [amenity] will be the simplicity and tranquility,” he says of the building that will feature large balconies with unobstructed views and a Japanese Zen garden. “You’re getting to an oasis [away from] all the noise of the city and work.”

Although his college degree from University of Lima is in economics, much of his career has been in technology, including making 3D models of people and houses. Even this development is incorporating technology by offering virtual tours and promising an advanced security system to keep future residents safe.

When Pejoves isn’t overseeing the construction site, he and wife Jennifer are on the sidelines of their kids’ soccer games. Fourteen-year-old daughter Ehlisa and

12-year-old son Dylan are both on travel teams that take the family throughout Florida and North Carolina, New York, Cincinnati and Texas for tournaments approximately 40 weekends per year.

Since 2011, the family has carved out time to volunteer with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida by cooking meals, writing holiday cards and donating to the cause. In 2020, the organization named Pejoves the Corporate Volunteer of the Year.

“We’ve always been present and always getting in there through the pandemic,” he says of his involvement. “We didn’t want to stop. Especially in that environment, there was a lot of uncertainty during that time. [We wanted to] keep the house working.”

Back to topbutton